Duration: 5 Days in October 2019
Age: 16-19 Participants: 20 Location: Cambridge Price: £25*
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Interested in a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to navigate your way into the film or creative industries.
As a student of the Film Academy, you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills to enter the film industry.
104 films are proud to be a partner in the BFI Film Academy Network. 104 films will be running a 5-day practical course in short fiction filmmaking from 21st-25th October 2019 (October half term) in Cambridge in which participants will work in teams to create a short film for a showcase cinema screening for the public.
The 20 most passionate and promising young filmmakers who apply will be selected.
Duration: 5 Days Dates: 21st-25th October 2019 (October half term)
Age: 16-19 Participants: 20 Location: Cambridge Central Library Price: £25*
As a student of the 104 films Film Academy:
• You will get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills.
• You can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment.
• You will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field.
• You will watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films.
• You will work in a team towards the completion of a professional short film.
• You will have the opportunity to complete an Arts Award qualification on the course.
• You will attend an industry networking event where you will have the opportunity to meet and talk with screen professionals about your future career.
• The completed film will be showcased in a cinema screening for the public.
• Once you have completed the course, you will become part of the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to opportunities such as BAFTA mentorships.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any young person who is:
Aged 16–19 year olds on 21st October 2019
A UK Resident
Has a passion or talent for filmmaking and an ambition to work in the film industry
Able to commit to the duration of the course (21st-25th October 2019)
Not currently at university or enrolled
Have not previously completed a BFI Film Academy course
There are no qualification requirements just a simple application form and we can offer support if you have specific educational needs.
We particularly welcome applications from students with disabilities or those from an ethnic minority background.
*If you will struggle to pay the course fee, don’t be put off as you will be able to indicate this once you are accepted on the course and bursaries are available.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
FIND OUT MORE
Dates: 21st-25th October 2019
Once you have completed the BFI Film Academy you will become part the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to events such as BAFTA career talks. You will also have the opportunity to complete an ARTS AWARD QUALIFICATION on the course.
Run by film industry professionals, participants will benefit from their tutor’s guidance and inside knowledge of how to break into the industry. The course contains workshops and masterclasses from some of the UK’s top film experts.
The course concludes with a showcase screening, organised and marketed by the participants, who will create their own distribution strategy for their film.
Bursaries will also be made available if you require assistance with travel, childcare or other costs. More information about who can apply for bursaries can be found here
After completing the Film Academy course you could also apply for one of the BFI Academy’s seven intensive residential programmes across the country. Residential courses last between one and two weeks and are designed to develop more specialist filmmaking skills. You will work closely with leading industry professionals who will give you a unique insight into the filmmaking business and guide you along the way.
HOW TO APPLY
*Click on the link below which will take you to the online application form.
*PLEASE NOTE you will not be able to draft and save your application before submitting so we recommend drafting your answers into a Word document and copying them into the application form when you are ready to submit.
*Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email confirmation that it has been sent.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS Tuesday 15th October 2019.
The BFI Film Academy is supported by the Department for Education
in England, the National Lottery, Northern Ireland Screen and