BFI Film Club
Dates: Evenings of 16th, 23th, 30th, 31st March and the weekend of 27th and 28th March 2021
Age: 12-15 Participants: 20 Location: Online Price Free
Are you or is someone you know aged 12-15? Do you love watching films? Interested in studying film or working the film industry? If so, the BFI Film Club is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry and is delivered by 104 films’ award-winning film trainers. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to navigate your way into the film or creative industries. As a student of the Film Club, you will have the opportunity to gain the essential skills required to enter the film industry.
Participants will work in teams to create a short film to be showcased at an event in Autumn 2021 with our partners Cambridge Film Festival.
NOTE: The course will take place online due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, however if restrictions allow we will endeavour to incorporate in-person sessions if possible.
As a student of the 104 films Film Club:
• You will get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills.
• You can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment and feel a sense of achievement.
• Gain an understanding of story structure.
• You will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field.
• You will watch a range of cinema from British independent to specialised films and learn skills to become a film critic.
• You will work in a team towards the completion of a professional short film.
• You will attend an industry networking event at Cambridge Film Festival in Autumn 2021 where you will have the opportunity to meet and talk with screen professionals about your future opportunities.
• The completed films will be showcased at Cambridge Film Festival in a screening for the public.
• Once you have completed the course, you will become part of the BFI Film Club alumni network with access to future opportunities.
• Gain an understanding of the wide range of roles in the film industry and wider sector e.g.: as part of production team, role of producer, director etc.
• Gain knowledge of opportunities for advancement in film.
WHO CAN APPLY?
• Any young person who is aged 12–15 years old on 9th March 2021
• If you have a passion or talent for film and an ambition to work in or find out more about the film industry
• If you are able to commit to the duration of the course
There are no qualification requirements just a simple application form and we can offer support if you have specific educational needs.
We particularly welcome applications from students with disabilities including non-visible disabilities and mental health issues and those from an ethnic minority background.
After completing the Film Club course you could also apply for the BFI Film Academy where you will work closely with leading industry professionals who will give you a unique insight into the filmmaking business and guide you along the way.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below which will take you to the online application form.
PLEASE NOTE you will not be able to draft and save your application before submitting so we recommend drafting your answers into a Word document and copying them into the application form when you are ready to submit.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 8th MARCH 2021 AT MIDNIGHT
Successful applicants will be contacted via the email address provided in early March 2021.
Safeguarding the participants is vital to the BFI and 104 films. We undertake stringent risk assessments and uphold a strict code of conduct and safeguarding policy for all tutors and participants to protect the welfare of everyone involved. All tutors involved in the course are DBS checked.
The BFI Film Club is supported by the National Lottery and DCMS Youth Accelerator Fund.